At today’s extraordinary meeting of the Supervisory Board, Kay Kratky was confirmed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Austrian Airlines. He had been nominated beforehand as the candidate preferred by Lufthansa. Kay Kratky will succeed Jaan Albrecht as CEO and Chairman of the Management ...
• Positive development of business in all operating business segments • EBIT and adjusted EBIT 30 per cent above previous year’s quarter • Cash flow from operating activities improves by EUR 539m • The effects of the strike on the result amounted to EUR 42m in the first quarter • High pension obligations due to falling interest rates burden equity
• Chairman of the Executive Board Carsten Spohr confirms further development of the Lufthansa Group • Prioritisation of investment projects • Offer to Vereinigung Cockpit regarding joint settlement of all outstanding collective agreements
The co-pilot of Germanwings flight 4U9525 interrupted his pilot training at the Flight Training Pilot School for several months. Thereafter the co-pilot received the medical certificate confirming his fitness to fly. To ensure a swift and seamless clarification, ...
Families and friends of the passenger and crew members of Germanwings flight 4U 9525 have asked Lufthansa and Germanwings to shield them from any questions coming from the media. It is their wish to not be disturbed and to remember the deceased in privacy. Therefore, ...
Germanwings announces with the deepest regret that, according to the information currently available, its Airbus A320 aircraft operating Flight 4U 9525 from Barcelona to Düsseldorf suffered an accident above the French Alps at around 11:00 local time today (Tuesday 24 March). According to current ...
On the fourth day of strike action in a row, around half of Lufthansa’s scheduled long-haul and cargo flights will take off
• Lufthansa Cargo will be able to operate 40 per cent of its flights • Another special flight timetable has been published on LH.com • Lufthansa notified more than 84,000 passengers by SMS and 34,000 by email
More than half of long-haul and cargo flights scheduled to depart from Germany tomorrow will take off
• Lufthansa Cargo does not expect cancellations of any flights due to the strike action • Lufthansa published another special timetable for both strike days • Flight operations to be largely normal after the strike
· Target achieved with EUR 954 million operating profit for the year · EUR 2.8 billion in investments and EUR 30 billion in revenues for 2014 · Strike costs erode EUR 232 million from operating result · Carsten Spohr: “2014 results reconfirm that sticking to uneconomical structures is not an option for our future” · No dividend for 2014 owing to negative HGB net result · Enhanced-earnings target of over EUR 1.5 billion adjusted EBIT for 2015
• Quality campaign with new products and services • Cabin conversion on long-haul aircraft to be completed this year • New fare concept for all flights within Germany and Europe • Five new dream destinations added to Lufthansa’s long-haul network