- Broad interest in alternative distribution channels; numerous collaborations with technology providers - More transparent and balances pass-through of costs of bookings via global distribution systems from 1 September
Star Alliance, the world’s longest serving and most comprehensive airline alliance, has been named Best Airline Alliance by Australian Business Traveller, Asia-Pacific's leading website for business travellers and frequent flyers. Australian Business Traveller Editor David Flynn said the inaugural ...
• Adjusted EBIT up from EUR 290m to EUR 468m • Passenger airlines report positive business development • Fuel costs down by EUR 309m, currency effects burden result by EUR 158m • Equity ratio rises again to 17.5 percent due to higher interest rates
Holiday time means travel time. Around 750,000 children and young people flew with Lufthansa last year alone. The most popular destinations of the young guests on inter-continental flights were New York, Miami and Dubai. For short and medium haul routes Barcelona, London and Istanbul were among the ...
Is there a special check-in area for families? Yes, Lufthansa provides separate check-in areas for families in Frankfurt and Munich. Children and their parents can see from a fair distance away where they get their boarding cards and can check in their luggage: a tall arch with Lu and ...
• “Light”, “Classic”, “Flex” fares offer a tailor-made range of services • Bookings begin at end of July 2015 for trips from 1 October 2015 • The new fares apply to domestic and European flights • Additional services can be purchased on an individual and flexible basis
• 500 million euros to be invested in innovations by 2020 • The passenger fleets of the Lufthansa Group achieve a new fuel efficiency record • Lufthansa extends its commitment in the fields of active noise protection and climate research • Improved talent management is implemented • A new orientation for corporate citizenship
• Klaus Froese succeeds Kay Kratky and will manage Operations and the Frankfurt hub from 1st September 2015 • Thomas Winkelmann will take on responsibility for Finances and the Munich hub at Lufthansa German Airlines from 1st November 2015
Three years and two months after breaking ground for the satellite terminal, Munich Airport has now announced the time frame for the opening of the new facility. The responsible executive committees of Munich Airport (FMG) and Lufthansa have now narrowed down the official opening date to April ...
Lufthansa and Germanwings assuming the long-term social care for the relatives of the victims of flight 4U9525
• Fiduciary account for financing the long-term education of orphans and those who have lost one parent in the sum of up to EUR 7.8 million has been set up • An additional aid fund for a term of three years and in the volume of up to EUR 6 million for the support of individual relatives • Memorials in Le Vernet, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Haltern • Lufthansa shall inform the relatives on compensation payments
One hundred Airbus A320s already equipped with noise-reducing vortex generators • Lufthansa Cargo tests new sound reduction ideas on MD-11 freight aircraft in flyover measurements in Magdeburg-Cochstedt
The CEOs of Europe’s five largest airline groups - Air France KLM, easyJet, International Airlines Group, Lufthansa Group and Ryanair - met collectively for the first time today (17 June) and agreed to work together to lobby for the development of a new EU Aviation Strategy that will support growth ...