27.12.2016Products & Services
- 24.12.2016Marketing & Sales
23.12.2016Products & Services
- 19.12.2016Products & Services
Heike Birlenbach will become new Head of Sales for the Hub airlines of the Lufthansa Group and Lufthansa Chief Commercial Officer at the Frankfurt Hub
12.12.2016Products & Services
12.12.2016Products & Services
Thorsten Dirks to become new Executive Board member of Deutsche Lufthansa AG responsible for Eurowings and Aviation Services
- 30.11.2016Flight Operations
- On Tuesday, 29 November, 2,184 of 3,000 scheduled Lufthansa Group flights can be performed, with long-haul services operating as scheduled.
- On Wednesday, 30 November, 2,110 of 3,000 scheduled Lufthansa Group flights will be operating as planned. The VC pilots’ union has called for strike action on all of Wednesday’s Lufthansa services operating from Germany.
- 27.11.2016Flight Operations
26.11.2016Marketing & Sales
- 24.11.2016Flight Operations
Lufthansa implements additional special flight schedule for Thursday and calls on VC once more to agree to mediation
- 2,124 of around 3,000 scheduled flights of the Lufthansa Group will take place
- passengers are requested to verify the status of their flight on LH.com
- free hotline at 0800 850 60 70 (no charge from German landlines)
- customers can rebook their flights free of charge in case of cancellation and switch to Deutsche Bahn for shorter distances
- group airlines Eurowings, Lufthansa CityLine, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Brussels Airlines are not affected by the strike
- 21.11.2016Flight Operations
- 17.11.2016Marketing & Sales
17.11.2016Products & Services
16.11.2016Products & Services
- 09.11.2016Products & Services
- 03.11.2016Corporate Responsibility
January to September 2016
- Adjusted EBIT of EUR 1,677m close to prior-year level
- Adjusted unit costs down 2.1 per cent
- Successful steering and capacity measures limit unit revenue decline
- Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, Austrian Airlines and LSG above prior-year levels
- Financial stability further strengthened
- Full-year Adjusted EBIT approximately on previous year’s level
- Eurowings developing into European consolidation platform
- Successful steering and capacity measures to continue
28.10.2016Products & Services
- 26.10.2016Marketing & Sales
The last of Lufthansa’s Boeing 737s are leaving the fleet on 29 October, when they will be scheduled in for service for the last time. If you are lucky, you can watch the last three flights land in Frankfurt, live. Planned departures and arrivals on Saturday, 29 October, local time: LH1223 ...
The Lufthansa Airbus was in the so-called “paint shop” in the Airbus plant in Toulouse for eleven days, and then the moment arrived – the first A350-900 with white Lufthansa paint and blue lettering was ready to go. 30 people worked on the task, painting a total surface area of around 2,100 square ...
The German Paralympic team returned from Rio de Janeiro to Germany today. At exactly 10:53 this morning, the aircraft with flight number LH 507 touched down in Frankfurt. The Boeing 747-8 with the registration D-ABYK is currently flying with the special design “Lufthansa Siegerflieger” as well as ...
• Closer cooperation and strengthening of competitive position in China • Numerous benefits for customers, code-sharing connections, flight timetable coordination and common fares as part of new partnership
· Lufthansa crew to wear anniversary costume on routes from Munich to Toronto and Washington from today · Further destinations include Shanghai, Hong Kong, Denver and Boston · National costume also worn on selected European routes and at passenger services
Lufthansa is planning the very first visit of an Airbus A380 to Sofia for Sunday, on 16 October 2016. The largest passenger aircraft of the world will depart in Frankfurt as a special flight and is scheduled to touch down in Sofia around noon time. For this premiere a delegation of politicians, ...
The airlines of the Lufthansa Group (Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS) offer by now multiple approaches for direct connections to the Lufthansa Group’s booking systems for all customer groups, such as corporate customers as well as large and medium-sized distribution ...
The airlines of the Lufthansa Group (Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS) are making progress in implementing their new sales and distribution strategy. As communicated last week, Siemens is already using its individual Direct Connect solution. At the same time, a ...
Eligible passengers flying Lufthansa now able to have expedited screening at security checkpoints of participating U.S. airports / Trusted-traveler program participation adds to air carrier’s quality promise to its customers
On 1 August 2016, Siemens AG, together with Lufthansa, started using a bespoke Direct Connect Solution for Lufthansa Group (Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian and Brussels Airlines). In contrast to the previous set-up, Siemens AG is now able to book its desired flights directly via the LHG airlines instead ...
• Broad approval within cabin crew union for result of mediation process ends long-running dispute over collective labor agreement terms • Foundation of social partnership laid for longer-term CLA peace
2016 first-half year results • Adjusted EBIT increases by 61 million euros to 529 million euros • Higher Adjusted EBIT margin • Total costs declining faster than fuel costs • Lufthansa Passenger Airlines key driver of positive development • Greater financial stability achieved Full-year outlook • Terrorist attacks in Europe and economic uncertainties significantly burden forward bookings on long-haul routes to Europe • EBIT expected above previous year, Adjusted EBIT forecast lowered to “below previous year” • Winter timetable capacity planning further reduced by one long-haul and six short-haul aircraft • Unit costs to decrease • Consistent implementation of results-enhancing measures
• Lufthansa to see off German athletes at Frankfurt Airport's Olympic Gate • SWISS to fly Swiss Olympic team directly to Rio de Janeiro • Lufthansa Cargo to transport sports equipment with additional flights • LSG Sky Chefs to increase capacity during the Olympic Games
Yesterday, July 20th, the Lufthansa Group, Honeywell Aerospace and Airbus have signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) to work jointly on the development of a runway safety solution. Lufthansa will place its expertise at the service of Honeywell and Airbus respectively by contributing to the ...
• “Changing working environment” topic focus gives insight into the fascinating world of work of the Lufthansa Group • New Diversity@LHGroup program increases diversity in the Group • Cutting-edge aircraft herald new era of eco-efficient flying • Innovative products and services guarantee sustainable travel experience • Refugee aid: Lufthansa Group focuses on sustainable integration projects
• Campaign relating to the movie "Finding Dory" starts on 14 July • Interactive microsite, toys on board and boarding passes for cuddly toys • Fourth cooperation between Disney in Germany and Lufthansa
Both parties accept recommendation of mediator Matthias Platzeck: · new system for pensions and transitional payments / agreement active until end of 2023 · 1% wage increase on 1 October 2016 and additional 2% increase effective 1 January 2018 / agreement in effect until 30 June 2019 · new qualification-based compensation structure · cost monitoring until 2023 in order to ensure sustainable reduction of unit cost · conflict resolution mechanisms until 2023 · guaranteed employment for all cabin crew until 2021
• From 1 July, Lufthansa will fly nonstop from Frankfurt to San José • Passengers test digital innovations on board the LH488 • Live conference on digital trends of Lufthansa, Instagram, Mercedes Benz and Visit San José • Passengers experience the new destination with Lufthansa at different events
“Sustainability and Technological Innovations”: Lufthansa presents commitment at the ILA Berlin Air Show 2016
• Lufthansa with B 747-8 Fanhansa “Siegerflieger” and first A320neo visiting on Saturday • Lufthansa Group invests massively in ecological sustainability of flight operations • “Four Pillar Strategy” for climate protection will be followed rigorously • Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and Swiss offer CO2 compensation for flights
Great success in securing breeding, resting and gathering areas / 625,000 visitors to the Crane Information Centre / Crane protection an integral part of Lufthansa Group’s social commitment / Employees work as voluntary crane rangers
• Adjusted EBIT for first three months improved • Good result improvement at Lufthansa Passenger Airlines • Unit cost reductions compensate lower unit revenues • All business segments except Lufthansa Cargo according to guidance • Full year guidance confirmed
• Lufthansa is launching various promotions regarding the European Cup • New Fanhansa aircraft for the German national team’s flight to France • The winner's plane will continue to fly until the World Cup in 2018
• Group result one of the best in the company’s history • CEO Carsten Spohr: “After safety, future viability is and remains our paramount objective. And we made a lot of progress here.” • Strategic group development to be consistently continued • Further investments in 2016 in service and product enhancements
• Deadline for decision on exercising the call option to increase Lufthansa’s holding in SN Airholding from 45% to 100% extended three months • Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines working on migration concept into the Eurowings Group • Full acquisition subject to agreement on terms and migration concept
A spectacular start for Munich Airport's new satellite terminal: Suspended from aerial silks 20 meters above the floor of the new facility's central market square, a group of acrobats performed their own daring and graceful airborne choreography. The dazzling display was witnessed by the 1,900 ...
• New Flyrobic video on the inflight program of medium and long-haul flights from June • Exercises developed by Lufthansa’s medical service • First presentation at the opening of the satellite terminal in Munich
2015 • Adjusted EBIT increased by 55 per cent to EUR 1.8 billion • Passenger airline profits doubled due to higher revenues and lower fuel costs • Germanwings and Eurowings make positive earnings contribution • Strong revenue and earnings growth at Lufthansa Technik and LSG SkyChefs • Dividend proposal of EUR 0.50 per share 2016 • Adjusted EBIT expected to be slightly above the previous year • Slight increase in earnings expected for passenger airlines • Unit costs excluding fuel and currency impacts to be reduced • Targeted expansion of Eurowings
• Expansion of direct connections with major B2B partners. • 14 technology providers have already joined. • Google Flights partnership will be extended. • First pilot project of the new NDC data standard.
First results of in-flight measurements in Lufthansa A380 and A321 prove that cabin air quality is high
Lufthansa has been actively investigating smell events in aircraft for many years. This includes an intensive and cross-disciplinary investigation into whether these incidents could cause a health risk to passengers and crew members. Lufthansa has so far invested more than EUR 500,000 in ...
• On International Women’s Day, five of the Lufthansa Group’s long-haul flights with (almost) entirely women-only crews head for New York • 63 women and one man are taking care of the passengers on board of the flights from Frankfurt, Munich, Geneva, Vienna, and Brussels.
Lufthansa, Airbus and Pratt & Whitney holding a delivery ceremony in Hamburg – First scheduled A320neo flights with better fuel efficiency and more passenger comfort achieved through quieter engines - 40 years of partnership between Lufthansa and Airbus – Lufthansa Technik gains expertise in maintenance of the A320neo
The present companies responsible for pilot and cabin crew training within the Lufthansa Group are to be amalgamated into a single organization based at Munich, the Group’s second-biggest hub, the Deutsche Lufthansa AG Executive Board decided yesterday. The new Munich-based Lufthansa Aviation ...
The world's first Lufthansa Airbus A320neo has been transferred to Frankfurt today. The A320neo, with the registration D-AINA, took off with the flight number LH9922 at 13.34 pm from the Airbus factory site in Hamburg-Finkenwerder and landed safely 40 minutes later at 14.14 pm at its future ...
Quieter and more efficient: Noise footprint reduced by nearly 50 per cent – 15 per cent less fuel consumption and CO2 emissions – First destinations Hamburg and Munich – New cabin arrangement for more efficient use of space and up to 180 seats
• 2,800 flight attendants wanted at various locations. • Eurowings and Austrian Airlines are hiring 240 pilots. • More jobs for ground staff and trainees with airlines and Lufthansa Group service companies.
Lufthansa and the German trade union ver.di entered into a collective labour agreement regarding pension scheme and remuneration
• One-off payment in the amount of 2,250 euros for 2015, 600 euros for apprentices • In 2016 and 2017, increases in remunerations of 2.2 per cent each year • Introduction of an attractive DC system for new employees • A reformed pension scheme for current staff members
Federal Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel opens the new Lufthansa Integrated Operations Control Center in Frankfurt today and names Airbus A380 “Deutschland”
Today Federal Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel visited the Lufthansa Group in Frankfurt. The visit to the facility was occasioned by the opening of the new traffic control center (Integrated Operations Control Center – IOCC), an exchange with apprentices, as well as the naming ceremony of an Airbus ...
An immediate strike-stop would result in a 3,000 euro increase in the one-time payment – UFO is invited to a summit meeting with the board on Tuesday – Adjustment to fleet development will be necessary from 2016 onwards. The board of directors of Deutsche Lufthansa AG has decided to make a renewed attempt to resolve the bargaining disagreement with the UFO union.
The Executive Boards of the Lufthansa Group and Lufthansa German Airlines will decide tomorrow (Monday 9 November) on the ramifications of present strike action by the UFO union of cabin personnel, which is without precedent in Lufthansa history. Lufthansa Group staff and the public will be informed of the decisions taken immediately thereafter, around 18:00 tomorrow evening.
Lufthansa Group: despite the strikes, the majority of the approximately 3,000 flights will run in Frankfurt, Munich and Dusseldorf.
• Group Airlines Germanwings, Eurowings, Lufthansa CityLine, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Brussels Airlines will not be on strike • Flight operations at the hubs Zurich, Vienna and Brussels will fly as scheduled
Despite the strike today, the Lufthansa Group will be able to operate most of their 3,000 scheduled flights as planned
• Germanwings, Eurowings, Lufthansa CityLine, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Air Dolomiti and Brussels Airlines will not be affected by the strike • Flight operations at hubs in Munich, Zurich, Vienna and Brussels will run as scheduled
Lufthansa offered to meet all the demands made by the UFO cabin staff union on Monday 2 November with regard to its cabin crew members’ retirement and transitional pension provisions when the social partners met for talks today. The company decided to take this step to avert the planned UFO strike ...
Nine-month Adjusted EBIT up 71% to EUR 1.7 billion / full year forecast refined to EUR 1.75 to 1.95 billion / Germanwings reached break-even / passenger airlines, Lufthansa Technik and LSG Sky Chefs all report significant increases in revenue and earnings
• Pension provision: cabin staff who choose to fly longer to receive significantly higher pensions (or substantial lump-sum payment) • One-off EUR 20 million payment by Lufthansa into company pension fund for cabin personnel • All 19,000-odd cabin personnel of Lufthansa German Airlines to remain entitled to transitional pension provisions • Remuneration offer: one-off EUR 2,000 payment for 2015 for all cabin personnel; 1.7 per cent increase in all cabin staff salaries for 2016; further corps-wide 1.7 per cent salary increase for 2017
Supervisory Board gives green light to new group alignment and new division of business on Executive Board / Harry Hohmeister and Dr. Bettina Volkens reappointed as Executive Board members for five further years / product enhancements reap rewards: group airlines report record load factors and very positive business trends for the summer months.
Lufthansa welcomes the decision of the Hessen Labor Court in Frankfurt am Main to prohibit the strike action by the Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) pilots’ union with immediate effect. The Court described the VC’s strike action as “evidently unlawful” in that, for the VC, the strike was clearly ...
Lufthansa to take legal action against Vereinigung Cockpit’s Group Collective Labor Agreement Committee
The response from the Vereinigung Cockpit pilots’ union to the numerous proposals and offers of talks submitted by Lufthansa has been further strike action, which today is affecting long-haul services and tomorrow will affect all the company’s short- and medium-haul routes, and thereby again ...
Lufthansa publishes special timetable for tomorrow: more than half of all planned long-haul flights to operate
Special timetable now available online – travellers proactively informed – 84 of 1,500 planned Tuesday flights cancelled – 90 intercontinental passenger services and all cargo flights to operate thanks to volunteer pilot
- Broad interest in alternative distribution channels; numerous collaborations with technology providers - More transparent and balances pass-through of costs of bookings via global distribution systems from 1 September
Star Alliance, the world’s longest serving and most comprehensive airline alliance, has been named Best Airline Alliance by Australian Business Traveller, Asia-Pacific's leading website for business travellers and frequent flyers. Australian Business Traveller Editor David Flynn said the inaugural ...
• Adjusted EBIT up from EUR 290m to EUR 468m • Passenger airlines report positive business development • Fuel costs down by EUR 309m, currency effects burden result by EUR 158m • Equity ratio rises again to 17.5 percent due to higher interest rates
Holiday time means travel time. Around 750,000 children and young people flew with Lufthansa last year alone. The most popular destinations of the young guests on inter-continental flights were New York, Miami and Dubai. For short and medium haul routes Barcelona, London and Istanbul were among the ...
Is there a special check-in area for families? Yes, Lufthansa provides separate check-in areas for families in Frankfurt and Munich. Children and their parents can see from a fair distance away where they get their boarding cards and can check in their luggage: a tall arch with Lu and ...
• “Light”, “Classic”, “Flex” fares offer a tailor-made range of services • Bookings begin at end of July 2015 for trips from 1 October 2015 • The new fares apply to domestic and European flights • Additional services can be purchased on an individual and flexible basis
• 500 million euros to be invested in innovations by 2020 • The passenger fleets of the Lufthansa Group achieve a new fuel efficiency record • Lufthansa extends its commitment in the fields of active noise protection and climate research • Improved talent management is implemented • A new orientation for corporate citizenship
• Klaus Froese succeeds Kay Kratky and will manage Operations and the Frankfurt hub from 1st September 2015 • Thomas Winkelmann will take on responsibility for Finances and the Munich hub at Lufthansa German Airlines from 1st November 2015
Three years and two months after breaking ground for the satellite terminal, Munich Airport has now announced the time frame for the opening of the new facility. The responsible executive committees of Munich Airport (FMG) and Lufthansa have now narrowed down the official opening date to April ...
Lufthansa and Germanwings assuming the long-term social care for the relatives of the victims of flight 4U9525
• Fiduciary account for financing the long-term education of orphans and those who have lost one parent in the sum of up to EUR 7.8 million has been set up • An additional aid fund for a term of three years and in the volume of up to EUR 6 million for the support of individual relatives • Memorials in Le Vernet, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Cologne and Haltern • Lufthansa shall inform the relatives on compensation payments
One hundred Airbus A320s already equipped with noise-reducing vortex generators • Lufthansa Cargo tests new sound reduction ideas on MD-11 freight aircraft in flyover measurements in Magdeburg-Cochstedt
The CEOs of Europe’s five largest airline groups - Air France KLM, easyJet, International Airlines Group, Lufthansa Group and Ryanair - met collectively for the first time today (17 June) and agreed to work together to lobby for the development of a new EU Aviation Strategy that will support growth ...
- Airlines differentiate booking channels - Modular fare packages and new customized offers - A per ticket earnings increase to be reinforced by direct booking methods - Development of a new booking channels to form direct link with sales partners
At today’s extraordinary meeting of the Supervisory Board, Kay Kratky was confirmed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Austrian Airlines. He had been nominated beforehand as the candidate preferred by Lufthansa. Kay Kratky will succeed Jaan Albrecht as CEO and Chairman of the Management ...
• Positive development of business in all operating business segments • EBIT and adjusted EBIT 30 per cent above previous year’s quarter • Cash flow from operating activities improves by EUR 539m • The effects of the strike on the result amounted to EUR 42m in the first quarter • High pension obligations due to falling interest rates burden equity
• Chairman of the Executive Board Carsten Spohr confirms further development of the Lufthansa Group • Prioritisation of investment projects • Offer to Vereinigung Cockpit regarding joint settlement of all outstanding collective agreements
The co-pilot of Germanwings flight 4U9525 interrupted his pilot training at the Flight Training Pilot School for several months. Thereafter the co-pilot received the medical certificate confirming his fitness to fly. To ensure a swift and seamless clarification, ...
Families and friends of the passenger and crew members of Germanwings flight 4U 9525 have asked Lufthansa and Germanwings to shield them from any questions coming from the media. It is their wish to not be disturbed and to remember the deceased in privacy. Therefore, ...
Germanwings announces with the deepest regret that, according to the information currently available, its Airbus A320 aircraft operating Flight 4U 9525 from Barcelona to Düsseldorf suffered an accident above the French Alps at around 11:00 local time today (Tuesday 24 March). According to current ...
On the fourth day of strike action in a row, around half of Lufthansa’s scheduled long-haul and cargo flights will take off
• Lufthansa Cargo will be able to operate 40 per cent of its flights • Another special flight timetable has been published on LH.com • Lufthansa notified more than 84,000 passengers by SMS and 34,000 by email
More than half of long-haul and cargo flights scheduled to depart from Germany tomorrow will take off
• Lufthansa Cargo does not expect cancellations of any flights due to the strike action • Lufthansa published another special timetable for both strike days • Flight operations to be largely normal after the strike
· Target achieved with EUR 954 million operating profit for the year · EUR 2.8 billion in investments and EUR 30 billion in revenues for 2014 · Strike costs erode EUR 232 million from operating result · Carsten Spohr: “2014 results reconfirm that sticking to uneconomical structures is not an option for our future” · No dividend for 2014 owing to negative HGB net result · Enhanced-earnings target of over EUR 1.5 billion adjusted EBIT for 2015
• Quality campaign with new products and services • Cabin conversion on long-haul aircraft to be completed this year • New fare concept for all flights within Germany and Europe • Five new dream destinations added to Lufthansa’s long-haul network
• Long-haul flights at great introductory prices from EUR 99.99 • “BEST, SMART, BASIC” fares and personal in-flight entertainment on all Eurowings long-haul flights • First destinations in the Caribbean, Middle East and Thailand
Lufthansa Supervisory Board approves key focuses and actions for the Lufthansa Group’s continued success
• Focus on 2015 as the year of ‘New Lufthansa Premium Quality’ • New European and intercontinental flight products under the “Eurowings” brand, and lease-in of up to seven Airbus A330-200s • Letter of Intent with SunExpress for Eurowings long-haul routes • Further structural development of Group airlines’ worldwide distribution • Key financial indicator of “earnings after cost of capital” to replace “cash value added”
• Lufthansa Group posts nine-month operating profit of EUR 849 million and confirms projected full-year operating profit of EUR 1 billion • Substantial progress in reducing costs • Service companies report encouraging results • Group’s member airlines’ sales and distribution structures to be harmonized • Economic slowdown affects 2015 profit projections: operating profit for 2015 should be significant improvement on 2014
• Around half the flights planned from Munich during the strike period will take off as normal • A large number of short and medium-haul flights and nearly all long-haul flights from Frankfurt will have to be cancelled on Tuesday • Special flight timetables should enable flight operations to return to plan once the strike is over
Lufthansa’s short- and medium-haul services likely to be severely disrupted by pilots’ strike on 20 and 21 October / first special timetable published today around 19:00 on www.LH.com / customers asked to check website for details
With capacities trimmed to demand, the Lufthansa Group closed the term with fuller aircraft in passenger traffic / Load factors at the Group rose to record levels in August / Load factors and passenger numbers at the Group at all-time high in the first nine months
Good news for customers of Lufthansa Cargo: the airline plans to operate all of its flights despite the walkout announced by the pilots’ union, Vereinigung Cockpit. The strike was set to ground all cargo flights scheduled to depart from Frankfurt on Wednesday and Thursday. Two flights will ...
• Supervisory Board approves order for ten Airbus A320ceo aircraft for Eurowings • Executive Board proceeds with development of a new long-haul platform • Long-haul concept focussing on the leisure travel segment with up to 14 Airbus A340-300s operating under Lufthansa brand • Lufthansa Technik AG invests €60 million in a new facility in Frankfurt
During its meeting on September 15, the Supervisory Board of Lufthansa Technik AG appointed Dr. Johannes Bussmann (45) the new Chairman of the Executive Board for the company. Dr. Bussmann will take over the position from August Wilhelm Henningsen (63) on April 1, 2015, with Mr. Henningsen due to ...
Tomorrow from Munich to Beijing / Further destinations are São Paulo and Mexico City / Lufthansa crew will also take off in traditional dress for the first time on European flights / New design for customer service staff
• Ongoing updates of flight schedules for Wednesday at www.LH.com • Long-haul flights from Munich to continue despite VC strike • A total of 110 Lufthansa flights affecting approximately 13,500 passengers cancelled • Passengers to be re-booked via Lufthansa hubs in Frankfurt, Zurich, Vienna and Brussels
No knock-on effects on flight operations on Saturday in the wake of strike action / Lufthansa sends over 29,000 text messages and emails to registered customers and re-books more than 14,000 flights / 5,000 passengers flown off from other hubs in the Lufthansa Group
Second strike of VC within 7 days will particularly affect many thousands of summer holidaymakers, commuters and business travelers on September 5 / Initial information about flight timetable was available yesterday evening at www.LH.com and will be continuously updated today
From Munich to Beijing, São Paulo and Mexico City / Lufthansa CityLine to fly in traditional dress for the first time / Newly designed folk costume for staff working in passenger care / “Culinary Oktoberfest” in the lounges at Munich
Lufthansa is taking the German Youth Olympic Team together with many other teams from around the world to the second Youth Olympic Games. The German airline is the only carrier flying non-stop from Europe to Nanjing.
Decision is valid until further notice / this concerns flights by Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines from Frankfurt and Vienna / Group airlines continue to make a detour around Iraqi airspace in transit traffic as well
The Lufthansa Group is suspending flights from Frankfurt and Vienna to Erbil up until and including Monday 11 August
As a result of the current situation in Iraq, Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines will initially suspend flights to and from Erbil up until and including Monday 11 August. Flights to Erbil are operated daily by Austrian Airlines from Vienna and twice a week by Lufthansa from Frankfurt. Lufthansa and ...
Following the appointment of Andreas Bartels as Head of the Group’s newly merged press offices – including that of Lufthansa German Airlines – the Group is now announcing the appointees to the other positions within the Communications team of Barbara Schädler. Matthias Eberle is to become Head of Internal Communications. Christoph Meier will lead the new Communications Strategy, Planning & Operations department, and Susanne Kotysch has been named Head of the new Corporate Social Responsibility & Event Management department.
Lufthansa Group resumes flights to and from Erbil in northern Iraq / The Iraqi airspace above the section controlled by Isis to be avoided by transit traffic till further notice
After renewed consultation with the relevant national security authorities, the Lufthansa Group has decided to resume flights to Erbil in northern Iraq from tomorrow. Erbil lies well outside the direct crisis zone in Iraq, and flights to and from the city will be routed to avoid overflying the ...
After renewed consultation, the Lufthansa Group has decided effective immediately not to fly over Iraq until and including Sunday. This includes flights to Erbil in northern Iraq for this time period. Normally, Lufthansa flies twice weekly to Erbil and Austrian Airlines operates a daily ...
Improved cost structures and lower depreciation help increase operating profit by EUR 41 million to EUR 114 million / competitive pressures on fares, devaluation of the Venezuelan bolivar and pilots’ strike depress second-quarter results / Lufthansa Group to slow capacity growth for the winter period and go on the offensive with new innovation and quality drives / profit outlook for 2014 and 2015 confirmed
On the basis of the most up-to-date information we have available and our own assessment of the local security situation, the airlines of the Lufthansa Group will resume their flights from and to Ben Gurion International Airport. Flight operations will start up in stages from Saturday morning. It ...
Stopover is part of Airbus’ official approval process • Lufthansa and Airbus put on-board and ground procedures through their paces • Economical and quieter: Airbus A350-900 will be delivered to Lufthansa from 2016
Following a risk analysis of the situation in Tel Aviv and intensive consultation, as recommended by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the Lufthansa Group has decided to suspend services to Ben Gurion Airport also tomorrow, Friday, 25 July 2014. Lufthansa acknowledges the considerable ...
Based on an analysis of presently available information, the Lufthansa Group will also suspend all flights of its airlines from and to Ben Gurion International Airport on Thursday, July 24, 2014. This applies to all flights of Lufthansa, Germanwings, Austrian Airlines, Swiss and Brussels Airlines. ...
• Group sets standards in actively reducing flight noise and improving fuel effi-ciency • New efficiency record: specific fuel consumption falls to 3.91 litres • Vortex generators reduce flight noise during approach by up to four decibels
Communication of the core business ‘Lufthansa German Airlines’ is to be combined with the communication of the Lufthansa Group – stronger focus on target groups – Andreas Bartels (44) will become Head of Media Relations at the Lufthansa Group
• World’s biggest aviation group aims to regain benchmark role and cement its position as first choice for customers, employees, investors and partners • Optimized structures, quality and innovations to derive greater benefit from broader market growth • New platforms and products planned for intercontinental services and the European market • New “Lufthansa Innovation Hub” to be established in Berlin • Intensified partnership with Air China completes set of joint ventures in biggest non-home markets • Outlook projections confirmed for 2014 and 2015
Airlines carry nearly 50 million passengers in first half-year / Group increases capacity and sales in passenger business by 1.1 per cent / High load factor of 78.1 per cent for passenger aircraft, on par with last year / Good load factor in freight business as well
During German Chancellor Dr Angela Merkel’s state visit to China, Carsten Spohr, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Deutsche Lufthansa AG, and Mr Song Zhiyong, President and Executive Director of Air China Limited, signed a memorandum of understanding in Beijing to expand the scope of the commercial partnership between their companies.
Business Traveller Awards: Lufthansa Group takes the podium with Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines
Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines receive top scores at the Business Traveller Awards. The airlines took 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the “Best Airline for Business Travellers in Germany and Europe” category. Lufthansa won in the "Best Website for Business Travellers” category.
• Revenue risks materialise in passenger and cargo business • Increasing excess capacity puts pressure on prices for European and American routes in particular • Operating profit for 2014 adjusted to approximately EUR 1 billion
Following an invitation from US President Barack Obama, Carsten Spohr, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of the Lufthansa Group, took part in round-table talks with an international delegation of business leaders in the White House today.
Group’s airlines carry 8.6 million passengers, down 0.6 per cent on last year / Sales in revenue seat-kilometres increase slightly by 0.4 per cent / Passenger load factor rises 1.3 percentage points to 79.5 per cent
• EUR -245 million reported operating result for the traditionally weakest first quarter is a EUR 114 million improvement on the prior-year period • EUR -190 million quarterly operating result adjusted for non-recurring items represents a EUR 105 million year-on-year improvement • Lufthansa Group confirms expected annual operating profit for 2014 of between EUR 1.3 and 1.5 billion
Lufthansa proved that it is the best among the best after clinching the “Best European Airline serving the Middle East” title during the gala ceremony of the Business Traveller Middle East Awards 2014 on the eve of the Arabian Travel Market 2014 in Dubai. The magazine holds its prestigious awards ...
Operating profit for 2013 amounts to EUR 697m and rises to over EUR 1bn when adjusted for non-recurring effects / Realignment of several corporate divisions is on track / Shareholders at Annual General Meeting to vote on dividend payment of EUR 0.45 per share
Early seat reservation for passengers booked in selected booking classes (designated W, S, T, L, K) will incur a €25 per seat charge on long-haul flights in the future. The optional service will be introduced as of 28 April 2014. This change brings the additional advance seat reservation service ...
Yesterday evening the first Lufthansa flight from Munich to Mexico City took off on schedule. The Airbus A340-600 with flight number LH 520 left Munich Airport punctually at 10.25 p.m. “We were able to carry out this maiden flight as planned, despite the strike by the Vereinigung Cockpit pilots’ ...
Reduced Lufthansa flight timetable during strike by VC on schedule / Return to normal operations begins on Friday evening in Asia
By taking early precautions and providing customers with as much information as possible, Lufthansa has so far managed to mitigate the effects on passengers of the strike by the pilots’ union Vereinigung Cockpit. Before the strike began, Lufthansa cancelled 3,800 flights. The situation at airports is very quiet. Around 425,000 passengers will have been affected by the industrial action. The impact on earnings will come to a medium double-digit million figure.
Due to the pilot’s strike Lufthansa has canceled most of its flights for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
● A strike on three consecutive days would be one of the biggest walkouts in Lufthansa’s history ● More than 425,000 passengers are likely to be affected ● Pilots of the Group airlines Swiss International Air Lines, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Lufthansa CityLine and Air Dolomiti are not participating in the strike
Lufthansa has called on the Vereinigung Cockpit pilots’ union (VC) to resume joint talks as soon as possible. “We still have four and a half days to avoid further disruptions for our customers, which would occur with the strike that has been announced,” said Dr Bettina Volkens, Chief Officer Human ...
• Score on track: Group has achieved targeted earnings improvement well • Adjusted operating profit up by 62 per cent to EUR 1.042bn • Group’s reported operating result comes to EUR 697m • Particularly in passenger business and MRO results performed well • Shareholders to receive a dividend in 2013
• Karl Ulrich Garnadt to become Member of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and CEO of Lufthansa German Airlines • Peter Gerber nominated as CEO and Chairman of Lufthansa Cargo AG • Dr Bettina Volkens, Member of the Executive Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG and Director of Industrial Relations, responsible for Corporate Human Resources and Legal Affairs also to become Board Member and Chief Human Resources Officer at Lufthansa German Airlines.
Users of Android mobile devices now have all travel related Star Alliance information at their fingertips. Thanks to the new Star Alliance Navigator App for Android, details of the wide-ranging Alliance services and benefits are now accessible at a touch of a button. Grouped into several ...
The Supervisory Board of Deutsche Lufthansa AG („Lufthansa“) has appointed Carsten Spohr as the future Chairman of the Executive Board & Chief Executive Officer during today’s meeting. The 47-year-old, who currently oversees the business segment Lufthansa Passenger Airlines in his capacity as ...